Friday, August 24, 2007

Cool site of the day: Flashcards

http://www.proprofs.com/flashcards/

OK, so this is geared more towards students, but I thought it was just too cool. This site has flashcards for a ton of different subjects and can help everyone from midddle school to the IT professional studying for their MCSE certification. Don't see something you like? You can create your own.

Seeing sites like these make me wonder - should we be sharing these tools with our students? Maybe have a place where we have the "Cool tool of the day" or "Cool site of the day"?
On our website?
On our public PC screensavers?
On a bulettin board or rolling TV screen?
Teach an optional class, open to anyone?

1 comment:

practical katie said...

Cool site. That's a question we talk about and have never come up with a good answer - how do we share this stuff with students? Some days I think they know about it before we do. And then I discover that they don't know about things like Google Scholar, and I completely reverse myself.